Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day




Valentines Day, the day of hundreds of useless cards and terrible candy. Ryan celebrated Valentines on Thursday because that is the day of preschool. He was so cute trying to write his name on all of his valentines. He had two boxes, one in made in school and one he made with the older kids. Teachers nowadays make the parents make the valentine boxes at home. I hate it! I don't want them using my scrapbook stuff and everytime I buy them art stuff they use if all in two days, besides the fact, that I never have shoe boxes around so I am always trying to scrounge together enough red, pink, and black stuff for them to make good valentine boxes. Anyway, Ambrosia had the only shoe box, Jarron had a tissue box (that bytheway still had tissues in it-now the tissues are homeless on the end table:( ), and Coleson used my new camera's box. They had a great time making them but, boy did they make a mess. The kids had their parties today and they brought home lots of treats and cards. I loved valentines, as a kid, always hoping that the boy I had a crush on would give me a special valentine, never happened, but still.



The stake had a Sweetheart Ball that I convinced Ron to take me to. I traded the day just so I could go. I know, I'm a geek. It was fun though. They hired a band and had the gym decorated with lights and pink and red paper balls (like those paper chinese lamps only round). The centerpieces were tree branches with ribbons tied on them. It sounds stupid but it looked really modern and chic. I would have never thought to do that. Of course, there was lots of yummy treats and snacks. They even had someone there to take our pictures. Who would have thought that at 32 years old I would be going to dances still? We don't dance very well but that didn't matter it was a free date with my husband. You can't get anybetter than that!



All in all, a very romantic, perfect Valentine's Day for everyone around.

No comments:

Post a Comment