Thursday, March 5, 2009











Jarron graduated from D.A.R.E. today. D.A.R.E, Drug Abuse and Resistance Education, is an educational program to teach kids the dangers of drugs and alcohol and how to say no and deal with peer pressure. A police officer does all the teaching and they have to complete a workbook and an essay to graduate. I had no idea it was such a big deal. He called me from the school to ask if I would come to his D.A.R.E graduation right now. I thought I would be there 15 minutes tops. When I got there, the entire fifth grade was in the auditorium. Miss Utah spake to the students for fifteen minutes, essay winners read their essays, and the Jazz bear came to "pump them up", then they all got certificates and t-shirts. The whole ceremony took over an hour and I didn't bring my camera. Luckily, cell phones have cameras now and Ron was home to bring the camera at the very end. Congratulations Jarron!

No comments:

Post a Comment